Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 7 firewall won't automatically turn on

• Please log in to reply

yongsua

yongsua

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi,I have an issue with my W7 firewall.I always get a notification from Action Center notify me that my Firewall is off.I need to manually on my firewall every restart.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

It could be related to a possible malware infection in which case you'll need to post on the Malware forum here:
http://www.geekstogo...alware-removal/

We aren't allowed to give malware help on this forum.

yongsua

yongsua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
Hi,my machine is not infected with viruses.I fixed it myself with services.msc(My firewall start up system set to manual because I installed third party firewall recently)Anyway,thanks for the reply.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Hi,my machine is not infected with viruses

yongsua please understand that a firewall that constantly turns off is a sign of a possible infection and that is what Phill was suggesting. Since you did not mention the below in your original post his original advice would be correct. If you had I'm sure he would have changed his advice to doing exactly what you advised you did. :D

I fixed it myself with services.msc(My firewall start up system set to manual because I installed third party firewall recently)

Second are you saying you now have two firewalls installed and running or is one disabled? Have you reset the service to auto start when your system boots now?

I'm glad to hear you have resolved the issue and thank you for choosing GTG for help. I'm sorry we could not give you quicker support before you figured out the issue. :D
Have a great day and let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

yongsua

yongsua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Hi,my machine is not infected with viruses

yongsua please understand that a firewall that constantly turns off is a sign of a possible infection and that is what Phill was suggesting. Since you did not mention the below in your original post his original advice would be correct. If you had I'm sure he would have changed his advice to doing exactly what you advised you did. :D

I fixed it myself with services.msc(My firewall start up system set to manual because I installed third party firewall recently)

Second are you saying you now have two firewalls installed and running or is one disabled? Have you reset the service to auto start when your system boots now?

I'm glad to hear you have resolved the issue and thank you for choosing GTG for help. I'm sorry we could not give you quicker support before you figured out the issue. :D
Have a great day and let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Thanks for the concern.Honestly,I was installed Outpost firewall previously and Outpost was the one that disable my Windows Firewall and set my firewall as "Manual" start up.Besides,I am quite sure my laptop is not infected with viruses because I have ESET AV,Hitman Pro,MBAM and Sandboxie.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
No problem I just thought it was needed to clarify why the advice was given and it was not meant as a insult to yourself.
I am glad to hear you resolved the issue and hopefully you will return if there is anything in the future you need assistance with. :D :D

yongsua

yongsua

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

I am glad to hear you resolved the issue and hopefully you will return if there is anything in the future you need assistance with. :D :D

I will. ;)

brownie6653

brownie6653

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Guys could really do with your help. Am new to using windows 7 on a domain, only really using it because I have just purchase 150 pc's and xp no longer available.
The problem is that the firewall on the 7 machines decides to change to disabled in the services everytime I restart, not sure why when the policy is switched on.

Please help guys, am about to explode. why do microsoft have to piss around with a perfectly good operating system called XP!!!!

Thanks.