Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HOW TO ACCESS FACE BOOK FROM DESKTOP ?

• Please log in to reply

twedspeed

twedspeed

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi I want to put facebook on my desktop - but when I save it to desktop then try to open it from there it just "BOINK" & computer sez NO!!!
I run windows vista home basic.
Does it wiv hotmail as well - but I can do it if I oopen GOOGLE :roll: then write FACEBOOK in the search box :roll: - then click :roll: , then click on the drop down link :roll: yadah yadah ........... gota be a quicker way ?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
I know a little bit of a few different languages here and there...nothing major of course. Just how to find the bathroom and order a beer. However i haven't yet mastered idiot...Would you mind translating that to ENGLISH for me? Thanks, you're the best!.

twedspeed

twedspeed

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

I know a little bit of a few different languages here and there...nothing major of course. Just how to find the bathroom and order a beer. However i haven't yet mastered idiot...Would you mind translating that to ENGLISH for me? Thanks, you're the best!.

H, yeah OK,.. I,ll try , here goes ...Go [bleep] YOURSELF , YOU CHEEKY FRENCH [bleep] . hows that ? hope that made sense , oh and by the way .....your the best !.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's actually the opposite of what i asked for. type a coherent sentence and we might be able to help you.

hexadecimaljunk

hexadecimaljunk

• Pip
  • 2 posts

H, yeah OK,.. I,ll try , here goes ...Go [bleep] YOURSELF , YOU CHEEKY FRENCH [bleep] . hows that ? hope that made sense , oh and by the way .....your the best !.

twedspeed, a few suggestions:

1. When informing a technical forum about a technical problem, it is usually best to describe the problem with a little bit more seriousness. The description of "sounds" do not really help you explain the problem better. Error messages or repeatable observations help technicians understand the problem a lot better. Also, the programs you use (i.e. web browser) should be stated.

2. Regarding the technical problem, did you just try to create a desktop shortcut? For example, in Internet Explorer, you can click File -> Send to Desktop, and that will send the current website you are on to your desktop. Otherwise, you can right-click on the Desktop itself and create a new shortcut and adding the Facebook URL. Unfortunately, without more detailed information, I can't give further assistance.