Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop Has stopped connecting to the Internet

• Please log in to reply

thinboyginger

thinboyginger

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
Can anyone help me as my computer knowledge is not that good. A couple of nights ago my laptop stopped connecting to the internet. I thought there might of been something wrong with my mobile broadband usb stick so i tried it at my brothers who has a cable connection but still not working. I have also tried different browsers and none of them will load any page. it comes up saying done and (untitled) in the top of the Tab.
A few other things i have tried is:
Uninstalled then reinstalled Vodafone connection software
Disabled Antivirus
Disabled Firewall
Started in Safe mode

unfortunatley that is all i know to try. If anyone has any advise it would be much appreciated.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Welcome to Geeks2Go!

Have a look in "Device Manager" (Control Panel (classic view) >> System >> Hardware tab >> Device Manager).

If there are any error symbols in there it will most likely mean you need to install network drivers from your laptop manufacturer's website.

thinboyginger

thinboyginger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for advise unfortunatly all network adaptors are saying that they are working properly

Edited by thinboyginger, 30 March 2011 - 12:09 PM.

thinboyginger

thinboyginger

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Not sure what has happened but my laptop has some how fixed itself