Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Newbie here, forgive my ignorance! lol

• Please log in to reply

JLewis

JLewis

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all,

I just found your site and may I first say thank you for the help you are giving.

Ok here's my problems. For the longest, when trying to play a game from CD, I get the choppy sound-slowed down computer-then freezing up- blues! lol I have fiddled around with the hardware accelerator with no help. I have ran the adaware/spybot/hijack this.

I have a log from Hijack this and if my problem is not solved I would like to send it to someone personally for analysis. ([email protected]) Though, I do not think I have any spyware. Am now using Firefox (wonderful program)

Here's my computer details:

I have a Compaq 5000 Series
Intel Pentium 4 Processor 1.7 GHz
512 MB SyncDRAM Total System Memory
80 GB UltraDMA Hard Drive
12x Max DVD-ROM drive
12X Max CD-RW Drive
64 MB nVidia GeForce2 MX Graphics Card ((TV-Out)
56 V.90 Modem
10/100 Ethernet
Windows XP

Ok, I'm not sure what all of that means, though I'm wondering if it could be the CD Rom drive. ?? I have no clue. I do know how to do most things, here and there....so you don't have to make it a kindergarten type answer :yeah:

Also, my computer is about 5 years old....I've heard of updating drivers?!
Where would I start? What drivers should I look for to update. I have never done
this before.

When playing a game, it can be the simplest of games (as my child's Reader Rabbit) and it just slows down and freezes. Even when not playing a game and surfing around the net, I have freezing issues every now and then that will kick my connection from AOL. (AOHELL...yes....am currently looking for a new ISP) :)
This could also be the 28.8 connection I get (small town hassles) :) :)

So anyway, there's my few questions. Basically lend me a hand and if necessary I can send my HiJack this to one of the Staff, I would prefer emailing. [email protected]

Thank you so much!
:tazz: ;) ;)

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Welcome to Geeks to Go Jerod. Your system specs should play any game from a CD with ease. I would recommend posting your HJT log in our malware forum for review.