Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

printer issues

• Please log in to reply

chintan_uk

chintan_uk

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i just bought some new colour ink for my canon pixma ip4000 and replaced all three but it has been a while since i have changed them. the two black work fine but when printing nozzle check the colours dont seem to work. i have used deep clean about 20 times.

any ideas on how to clean the heads? i think they may be dry.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Your best bet (since further cleaning using the printer maintenance utility will only waste ink) is to buy cleaning cartridges online.
These are filled with "plastic friendly" solvent instead of ink. If they don't work I fear the printer will have to be replaced.
To prevent it happening again, create a black, blue, red & yellow bar-chart in Word to fill half an A4 page & save it.
Run a print-out from it every couple of days. You could say that's just a waste of ink, but so is running the driver cleaning utility dozens of times!

Examples of cleaning cartridges:
http://www.internet-...ing-cartridges/

chintan_uk

chintan_uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
i have a couple bottles of refill kit cleaning fluid and empty cartridges if i can some how use them.