Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP Pro Lsass.exe error

• Please log in to reply

vuotto

vuotto

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have two machines running XP Pro with SP3 and all the latest updates. They're both running Mcafee updated and i have scanned with that and with Malwayrebyres and found nothing that helps. They both pop up a message at 4:30 pm every day that says Lsass.exe is going to shut the computer down.

If I enter shutdown -a in a command prompt to abort the shut down that works, but then I get other errors popping up and then if I try to shut down myself I get an error that says I do not have permission to shut the system down. I'm familiar with the sasser worm and I have run the Norton tool for removing the lsass.exe worm but that also did not find anything and alrady have all the patches installed that are supposed to prevent that.

Any ideas?

Advertisements