USB Flash Drive (Minimum 4GB)
Windows 7 or Vista
Follow the below steps to create bootable Windows 7/Vista USB drive using which you can install Windows 7/Vista easily.
1. Plug-in your USB flash drive to USB port and move all the contents from USB drive to a safe location on your system.
2. Open Command Prompt with admin rights.
3. Type in the following commands in the command prompt:
Type DISKPART and hit enter to see the below message.
Next type LIST DISK command and note down the Disk number of your USB flash drive.
4. So below are the commands you need to type and execute one by one:
SELECT DISK 3
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY
SELECT PARTITION 1
(The Format Process Should Only Take Few Minutes)
Do not close the command prompt as you will need to execute one more command at the next step so Just minimize it for now.
5. Now insert your Windows7 or Vista DVD into the your drive and check the drive letter of the DVD drive. Lets assume that your DVD drive letter is "E" and your USB drive letter is "I"
6. Maximize the minimized Command Prompt and type in the following command now:
E: CD BOOT and hit enter. Where "E" is your DVD drive letter.
CD BOOT and hit enter to see the below message.
7. Type another command given below to update the USB drive with BOOTMGR compatible code.
BOOTSECT.EXE /NT60 I:
Where "I" is your USB drive letter.
8. Copy your Windows 7/Vista DVD contents to the USB flash drive.
9. The only thing you need to change now is the boot priority in the BIOS to USB from the HDD or CD ROM drive.
Thats it now complete, now you can install your windows 7 or Vista from your USB!