Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with a start-up application

• Please log in to reply

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
Hi there,

I've tried searching for this topic but guess I'm not wording correctly to get the results I'm looking for. I ws having some issues with my computer and ended up calling Microsoft tech support. My OS is Windows 7 home premium. Long story short the technician pulled up a screen that had all the services/applications on my laptop and had me go thru a few of them to see if they were disabled. Then he had me set some of them up as automatic but I can't seem to get back to that list as the sound on my computer is set to manual so when I start-up the computer my speakers will not automatically start I have to go into control panel and start the sound up manually. I hope I'm making sense here but I need to change the manual start to automatic for my speakers. Can anyone tell me how to do that PLEASE, it's driving me insane to have to manually start it everytime I boot up. Thanks in advance for your help.

Techymom5

Advertisements

badassbiker

badassbiker

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Go to Start, type in services.msc in the search box and hit enter.

In the Services console, look for the entries "Windows Audio Endpoint Builder" and "Windows Audio"

Double click each entry and make sure "Startup Type" is set to Automatic.

TechyMom5

TechyMom5

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Thank you so much for this info that was indeed the area I was looking for. You guys here are the best! :D