Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Me! I deleted files accidently and I want them back!

• Please log in to reply

rayray0388

rayray0388

• Pip
  • 2 posts
First timer here...Hi I'm Ray and I NEED HELP!!!! I just bought and downloaded some mp3 files from digital Amazon.com and not knowingly I sent them to the recycle bin and ummmm hit "empty recycle bin and yes" Please tell me they are gone for good...I really cant afford to purchase and download again...somebody please help me...i know i'm an idiot i dont need to be reminded...please help...please

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Hi rayray0388 ... :D ..:D
try Recuva from here..have it look for .mp3..
when you delete files they are not really gone ...just the index is marked letting windows know it OK to write to that area...
so download it to a different computer and put it on a cd or usb flash drive...the more you download to or even use your computer the less you will get back

nojoy
if you bought the music from amazon recently they sometimes let you redownload them...worth asking

rayray0388

rayray0388

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Ya its not that simple...the file isnt sitting in my recycle bin right now cuz I ummm hit the button to send them bye bye...i emptied the recycle bin

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try Recuva from here..have it look for .mp3..
when you delete files they are not really gone ...just the index is marked letting windows know it OK to write to that area...
so download it to a different computer and put it on a cd or usb flash drive...the more you download to or even use your computer the less you will get back

nojoy
if you bought the music from amazon recently they sometimes let you redownload them...worth asking