Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Finding difference two columns

• Please log in to reply

ilovetunics

ilovetunics

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello

We run a clothing & jewellery boutique and trying to keep a track of what is selling and stock in hand - therefore want a stock management system

What we have in mind is to stocktake all inventory in store using a barcode scanner say in Column A and doing this regularly once a week – in Column B. We were wondering if there is a formula in open office calc that can find the difference between Column A & Column B and display the difference in Column C so we can check it agains our point of sale and track variances (sold + missing) items

I am using openoffice.org 3.0.0

Many Thanks
Samrat
Edit: Unless you REALLY like getting spam, you should NEVER post your email address in an open forum .

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
if column A has the beginning quantity on hand, and column B has the ending quantity on hand, then column C would just need to be =a1-b1 (column A - column B)

ilovetunics

ilovetunics

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Let me rephrase it as I know its confusing. The scanned items in Cells will be such as:

Also they will be stock taken randomly - therefore if I do A1- B1 = the it will only subtract the difference between them , but what I want is for the spreadsheet to tell me what I have missed out next time I stocktake- so some kind of 'look up' I suppose ..check all barcodes in column A and then compare them agains column B and tell me whats missing

Thanks
Samrat