Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ASUS GAMING LAPTOP

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hi there everybody, i just have a simple and small question i wanna buy a powerful and decent laptop for 1000 at least i've been doing my own research and i just found this refurbished asus gaming laptop take a look here ASUS LAPTOP so my question is... you think this is a powerful and decent laptop? im not looking for something more powerful than that i just wanna be able to run a few programs and games since im gonna be using it for online marketing and other stuff but i do like games like any other teenager so please give me some good advice about this, i'd really appreciate it guys :D take care you all and thx for your time.

Edited by brady1988, 11 April 2011 - 08:20 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Same laptop HERE brand new.
1,500.00 USD
For 100.00 USD more you can buy a NEW one HERE

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
which one of those two you think is better? honestly ... :D

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If I was going to spend that kind of money I would want it NEW with at least a one year warranty. It makes since then to spend the extra 100 dollars for that. The refurbished has only a 90 day warranty and you take a chance on any number of hidden issues that could pop up in the first year.
I vote for the NEW one for sure.

brady1988

brady1988

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
don't you think that

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M is way better than NVIDIA GeForce GT 425M?
i mean according to those 2 websites asus has a better video card than vaio :D what do you think , and yes i will buy a new one you are right.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Yes I would agree it is better. The price difference is minimal when you consider the video chipset itself. The difference is the accessories you are getting with the Asus.

devluka

devluka

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have Lenovo laptops. It gets affected by scratches and it really looks too bad. I am here looking for amazing and cool Laptop skin cover that provides full body protection. Please suggest me some online website which provide me my kind of skins.

Laptop skin cover

brettt777

brettt777

• PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
I have an Asus G73 that I bought new last October. It has the i7 720QM and a Radeon HD 5870. For gaming, if you run games that are more graphics intensive, this thing is a beast with the 5870. Everything I have tried on it runs like silk on max settings. If you run games that are more CPU intensive like FSX, which is what I spend most of my time doing, I find it a bit lacking but then my 720QM is only rated at 1.6ghz. The turbo mode bumps it up quite a bit to something like 2.8ghz but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I have heard that the the turbo mode does increase the CPU speed but it basicaly changes it from a moderate speed quad core to a fairly fast single core. I don't know how true that is but from what I see on my machine it does make sense. All that being said, this is a very cool looking machine and has a great display. It's big; at the time I bought mine, Slappa made the only bag big enough to hold the thing. Mine is whisper quiet and has never had any overheating issues although the power supply (which is also quite large) can get pretty warm with intense gaming. I also run mine on a cool pad on my desk at home. The buttons on the track pad are a bit stiff. Over all I am pretty happy with it because it's way better than my old XPS 710 desktop, but it's still not what I want for gaming so the desktop is about to be upgraded or replaced and the G73 will be my work/road trip machine.