Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Winutilities problem. Deleted my files

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Brendan01

Brendan01

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Had installed Winutlities to clean up my computer and i dont know what i did wrong but it ended up deleting my photo, videos etc. Even the programs that show on left hand side when i click start. If i choose any program in that panel below it it shows up as empty even though the program is still very much installed in the laptop. I know this because if i do a search i can start/open them that way or go into program files in C.

I then used undelete function to recover some pictures but these pictures show what they are for just a third of a second and then just go blue. some of the thumbnails show perfectly and others just give a micro second preview of whats on them and then. same when i click on a thumbnail, others open to show the picture others show a picture in half others are just blank screen though you see a picture that quickly disappears as you scroll down.

How do i fix this please as these are priceless photos and videos as well as bringing back programs onto panel above start

Repair your computer wont work, it just asks me to switch off the computer

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not duplicate your topics. You have one in Vista\Win7 also so please direct all replies and post there.
I am closing this topic for duplication.