Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC on a SDTV

• Please log in to reply

kennethkeen

kennethkeen

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi guy's, I was wondering if there was a cheap set up out there or adapter I could buy that would allow me to use my TV as a 3rd monitor, It's SDTV so I think the res is 4:9 480p? If I'm not mistaken. Thanks to those that can help.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
We need specific model numbers, or at least we need to know what inputs your TV has. We also need to know what monitor support your computer offers.

kennethkeen

kennethkeen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I think I found a solution I have a Gateway LX6810-01 (I think Have to double check the sticker later on) I found this little Adapter That I can hook into my VGA and into my Video input via my TV. It's just a old SD magnavox the only ports I see on it are RWY, and I could always just use my computers speakers since I have them so close together already have them close together, on the other hand. I'm already running dual Monitors one is DVI the other is VGA/DVI/HDMi etc...If I plug my Second monitor into my video cards HDMi port then run that adapter would I be able to have a triple monitor set up?

Sorry if I didn't expplain it well I'm really tired.

Edited by kennethkeen, 16 April 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

If I plug my Second monitor into my video cards HDMi port then run that adapter would I be able to have a triple monitor set up?

Depends on the card's features, but probably.

kennethkeen

kennethkeen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks Digerati, I sent in a order for the adapter now to play the waiting game. :D

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Good luck.