Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A different mouse problem

• Please log in to reply

Debbie Farrell

Debbie Farrell

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Microsoft has sent a few updates over the last few days. I have done the critical ones. 3 days ago my problem started. After the computer boots up and is ready to go, I try to move the mouse and it is a fight to get it to move. Once it does move and I can open up Firefox it goes back to normal in about a minute. Then there is no ore problems. I am not a computer savvy person as far as technical areas are concerned, so please speak to me in simple language...lol.

Edited by Debbie Farrell, 16 April 2011 - 04:12 PM.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi Debbie Farrell :D
Have you tried updating the mouse drivers? If you havn`t follow the steps below but select update drivers instead of uninstall the device, if still no luck try uninstalling the device as described below.
You could try uninstalling the device and its drivers then restart your computer and allow the Found New Hardware Wizard to reinstall the mouse and its drivers, do you have an installation disk that was supplied with the mouse? If not post the make and model of the mouse and we can look for the drivers for you.
To uninstall the device go into Device Manager > Mice and other pointing devices > click on the + sign > Right click on the device and then select uninstall, do the same with the drivers in the Add/Remove Programs area.
Good luck and let us know how it goes or if you require any assistance.

Debbie Farrell

Debbie Farrell

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok, I am embarrassed. I changed the batteries and have been ok so far. I never had that happen. They usually just "go". Thanks for your help though.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Thank you for the update and more importantly posting the solution, it may help others in the future.
For what it is worth no one here myself included suggested changing the batteries, like you I have not
seen bad batteries cause this sort of mouse issue.