Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with screen glitches while playing video games!

• Please log in to reply

SpecialFX

SpecialFX

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hello all!

Recently, I have been having some troubles with certain pc games. When I play, parts of the screen seem to stretch and blur, especially in mafia 2.
I am on an HP pavilion dv6 running windows 7 - 64 bit with and AMD processor and ati radeon 5650 switchable graphics. I know that I have the right graphics card option on, but I am worried I may have burned out my GPU? Are there any ways to test if it is burned out or a connection is broken on the laptop? I am a bit of a techy noob...

Cheers!

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
You could try running dxdiag from your Start > search box otherwise, swapping out the card may be your only option.

That said, do make sure the interior and the card and its heatsink are free of dust and all fans are spinning properly.

Also note that graphics cards are very power hungry and a stressed or failing PSU may be suspect too.

SpecialFX

SpecialFX

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Ok, I will clean out the laptop and see if that helps. this laptop is nearly brand new....so i dont think it is the CPU