Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need audio and chipset drivers for DFI Infinity NF4

• Please log in to reply

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Just reloaded with Win XP Pro and can't find MB drivers anywhere. I know I found them last year when I reloaded system but not now.

AMD 3500
DFI Infinity NF4 MB
2G Ram
Win XP Pro
Nvidia 9500 GT vid card

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
As you have not said which NF4 here is the link, I am sure you will find them from there.
http://www.dfi.com.t...ormal&mode=view

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I've tried downloading the 6.53, 6.66, and 001 NF4 beta drivers, and they all say 'Incomplete or Corrupted file'
Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Is that a separate card, if so it looks to me as though you need that from Nividia.
Either way you appear to need the 6.66 or 6.53 as you have said.
Have you tried disabling your anti-virus on that site only of course., many anti-virus programs will indeed corrupt the download.
Additionally have you since reloading XP updated to SP3.
Is it 32 bit or 62 bit.
If you still experience problems I suggest you email DFI, the download site is unhelpful to say the least.

I presume you have noticed they are zipped downloads

Edited by Macboatmaster, 18 April 2011 - 06:01 PM.

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
OK, I finally got the 6.66 file to dl and open and install. But, before I got that to work, I dl VIA Vinyl AC97 Codec because I read that the DFI MB used that codec. Well when I installed it, the audio area on sounds in control panel was and is greyed out. I have tried uninstalling and deleting it and even removed it from the registry but it loads on startup and I can't seem to get rid of it. Help... and thanks.

Edited by Milkbone97, 19 April 2011 - 05:54 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Go start, right click My Computer, click hardware then click the device manager button.
On those entries that have a warning mark, open them and post the details of what is reported.
OR
when you have it on the screen, press the print screen key
then go start, programs, accessories, paint, click the edit tab and click paste.
Then click the file tab and click SAVE AS.
It will default to Bitmap.
That is too large to attach.
Change the file type to JPEG.

Note where you are saving them and then on your reply using full editor click the attach button.

It may be better, althoubgh the decision is entirely yours if we take it one step at a time, as now we have the problem of not really knowing if the present diffculty is the VIA codec, which I very much doubt it needs to work in its basic function as integrated sound OR the download.of the 6.66

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for all your help, here is what you requested.

Attached Thumbnails

• Device Manager.JPG
  • Vinyl AC-97 Codec.JPG
  • WINMM WDM Audio.JPG

Milkbone97

Milkbone97

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Lol, case closed. I completely reloaded the machine again and ran the 6.66 drivers twice and finally it is working correctly. I was either going to fix it this time or throw it out in the street.

Thanks for all the help, don't know what I would do without you guys.