Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Send Emal

• Please log in to reply

jsaklas

jsaklas

• PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
I am running XP SP3. I use Thunderbird. My ISP is Verizon FIOS broad band. There are 2 account on my computer. Everything has been fine for months, but tonight for no apparent reason, I could not send email from either account. Always when sending email I get prompted for the password. Now I do not. After about a minute I get the following error message:

Sending of message failed.
The message could not be sent because the connection to SMTP server outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net timed out. Try again or contact your network administrator.

I compacted my folders and deleted many larger emails from my sent file and from Trash. Nothing helped. I checked the outgoing server name, etc., all were correct, which was no surprise since I did not change since yesterday when all worked OK.

Help.

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello jsaklas:

You may want to check Cannot Send Messages or Thunderbird Knowledge Base at mozilla messaging. Hope this would help

jsaklas

jsaklas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
It appears that the problem was with the Verizon-Yahoo server and today they corrected the problem.