Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Locked in safe mode blue screen w/error messages

• Please log in to reply

1dj

1dj

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have tried all I know to do. I have no disks to reload or repair with me. I have tried the recovery option to no avail. Everytime I turn on my computer I have to press the f8 key & I go to the networking safe mode to be able to get online. But I would like my computer to start up normally. I have tried the f 10 key & it doesn't work either..
HELP THE DUMMY WRITTING THIS PLEASE!

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi 1dj,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :D

Could you please give us the Make and Model of your computer and what OS is installed on the computer.

If you could provide the Error codes that will help as well. What were you doing just before this occurred? The more you tell us the better we'll be able to help so don't be afraid to elaborate on your issue.

:D

Edited by DonnaB, 21 April 2011 - 09:48 PM.

bretenysphere

bretenysphere

• Pip
  • 5 posts
hello friends

Locked in safe mode blue screen w/error messages
do not warry Could you please check the system and Model of your computer and what is OS installed on the computer in present time.so
If you could provide the Error codes that will help as well.The more you tell us the better we'll be able to help so don't be afraid to elaborate on your issue.

thanks

1dj

1dj

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
My computer is a Dell Inspiron 6000 OS is Windows xp..
error codes are: 0X0000007E,(OXC0000005,0XA8BBDA75, 0XBA4CB0B8, 0XBA4CADB4)
also code: 3600:0649

I know this is a lot ..... I am a game freek & have "Free Ride Game Player" installed.
I am in the process of finding a new computer that can handle the games I play. I usually
like the old games that are arcade like. Like Pinball, Centipeed & such...could you also
possibly give me a clue as to which computer (I'm thinking Toshiba) would be the best to
handle such games.....THANKS TONS!!!!!

I'm thinking I was loading a computer game or loading a new Internet Explorer .....but not totally sure.
It's been quite a while ....my brain no longer functions @ 52 the way it did when I was 18...;>

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Error Code 0x0000007E is a Fatal Error code and can be caused by several issues:

Is your system up to date including the latest Service Pack (SP)? The latest Service Pack for XP is SP3.

Which Version of Internet Explorer is installed? IE7 runs best on XP. IE8 is known to cause issues on some XP machines. Though this may not be the issue I just wanted to pint that out to you.

Check your Device Manager to see if you have any yellow exclamations marks that may point to a Device Driver as being identified as an issue.

How much Disk Space is free! If you don't use programs such as TFC or Ccleaner to remove temp. files, browser cache, etc. this could be an issue too.

Do you defrag your computer or use disk cleanup? Maintenance is very important to keep your computer running smoothly.

For basic maintenance:

1st)
Install Ccleaner from here if you do not have it already--> Ccleaner Slim

EXTRA NOTE:
Ccleaner includes a Registry cleaner, we advise not to use this or any registry cleaner as there have been reports of them clearing out needed registry entries and messing up PCs. In addition, what they do clean up is so small that little or no advantages are noticed.

2nd)
Install TFC from here if you do not have it already--> Temporary File Cleaner

Double-click TFC.exe to run it.

TFC will close all programs when run, somake sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the cleaning process.
  • Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two.
  • Please let TFC run uninterrupted until it is finished.

Once TFC is finished it should restart your computer. If it does not, please manually restart the computer yourself to ensure a complete cleaning.

3rd)
Go to Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > and click on Disk Cleanup

• Click on Disk Cleanup tab
  • Click OK
  • Click on Yes

Allow Disk Clean up to do it's job till finished.

4th)
Install Auslogics Disk Defrag from here--> Auslogics Disk Defrag

Once installed, Click on the desktop icon and then click the Defrag button. Allow it to run it course.

It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging than the one offered in your System Tools folder.
It will actually show you what it is doing.
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up.
You can view an online log of the files that Auslogics defragged.
Please do not run any other Auslogics programs other then this one as they may cause unwanted results.

5th)
I'd like to suggest that you have the professionals in our Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal Forum have a closer look at your computer to ensure that it is infection free. Please start with our Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide and read thoroughly. Then follow the instructions to post the necessary logs needed in a new thread in our Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal Forum

I am not much of a gamer myself (though if I were Centipede would keep me up all night. I love them older games myself :D) Once we get your computer to boot into normal mode we can focus on which computer would be the best for your gaming needs. I'm quite sure many of the other members would be more than happy to assist you in that aspect.

Keep me informed to your progress.

Donna :D

Edited by DonnaB, 22 April 2011 - 04:43 PM.
Removed malware advice