Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I AM DESPERATE FOR HHELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SeamusWWEFan

SeamusWWEFan

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi. I have only signed up 5 mins ago for help
i am 13 years old and i am on my parents pc atm.

My Sony Vaio VPCEB25FG Laptop has crashed. I tried to make my USB External hard drive a FAT32 format so I could use it on my PS3. IDK if i formatted the Internal Hard Drive or External Hard Drive, It came up with the blue screen of death for 10 rough seconds then died. I booted it back up and shows the VAIO logo then shows up with 'Operating System Not Found' now don't tell me to enter bios because no matter what i do no matter how much i wait no matter what buttons i press, it just comes up with another paragraph of the same error message. I dont want to send it to Uniway AGAIN and have it fixed because my family is broke and doesn't even have enough money for our sattelite TV bill. I uninstalled my reloaded pc games, it had heaps of music about 300+ of 50 cent and eminem, had the WWE Wrestlemania 27 PPV split into 3 parts, all seasons of the big bang theory, and a few downloads for my ps3. Please help me. Im Desperate

Seamus Shilton

Advertisements

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Hello SeamusWWEFan, and welcome to GeeksToGo!

Let's go ahead and assume the worst, you formatted your main hard drive. There are some tool's that might be able to recover your data but there is no guarantee. To begin you will need a blank CD or flash drive (the instructions are for blank CD, tell me if you want to use a flash drive) and a usable computer.

We will make a bootable CD to access your broken computer.

Step One, making the CD.

Please print these instruction out so that you know what you are doing

OTLPENet.exe
MD5=79209302A1AFB2490808DB890A815CED
Size: 127,222,215b / 121.3MB

• Download OTLPENet.exe to your desktop
  • Ensure that you have a blank CD in the drive
  • Double click OTLPENet.exe and this will then open imgburn to burn the file to CD
  • Reboot your system using the boot CD you just created.
    Note : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here
  • As the CD needs to detect your hardware and load the operating system, I would recommend a nice cup of tea whilst it loads :D

• Your system should now display a Reatogo desktop.

Step two, recovery options.

There should be a program called TestDisk on your desktop. Run it.

Select Create and press enter (see screenshot).

Posted Image

Make sure the drive /dev/sda is selected and and enter Proceed (see screenshot).

Posted Image

Select Intel (even if you have an AMD processor) and press Enter

Select Analyse and press Enter

Now, your current partition structure is listed. Examine your current partition structure for missing partitions and errors.

Confirm at Quick Search to proceed.

When asked to search for Vista Partitions, type N (if you have XP) or Y (if you have Vista/Windows 7).

Any found partitions will now be listed. Please see if the information is correct.

At this point press Q until you exit and post me the TestDisk log.

mitch8

mitch8

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,356 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.