Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen freezes after time

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rriche

rriche

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi...
I do appreciate any assistance you may be able to provide.

My computer will freeze when it has been left on for a day or so...
It will not allow access to any program and will not let you initiate any start button action. When you switch comp off at power point things go back to normal when re-started.
When comp freezes, the task bar will appear at the top of the screen and alot of other programs appear in strange areas of the screen. None of these can be accessed. Task manager no access too.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated..
Thankyou.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Please visit our "Virus, Spyware & Malware Removal" forum and follow the "Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide" instructions. This will guide you through a few preparations, as well as instruction for posting your OTListIt2 log in that forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from one of our malware experts, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
it could be a problem with standby or hibernate...
How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP here..

best practice is to shut off computer when your done using it...
the rational behind this is that windows usually will start throwing error messages before crashing and they can give you a clue as to what the problem is...
I can't tell you many computers ( a herd ) I have had to work on that people have left on and they crash in the night and refuse to reboot and the people have no idea what happened...

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Thx for your thoughts Rock...

I will look forward to reading some of the topic issues you have provided...

I currently have another Tech following up with this same issue as i had to re-post this topic as directed above...

Please regard this topic as defunct...

Regards

Rich

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I will close it for you...