Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Mute" not working

• Please log in to reply

HomelessDuckie

HomelessDuckie

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently got a HP Pavilion dv7t laptop and everything works flawlessly except for muting sound. When I hit the mute button on screen it pops up with the mute icon and the icon in the task bar shows mute but some sound still comes through the speakers. Now if I just turn the sound down all the way it works fine, but just the mute doesn't work. Any idea whats causing this and how to fix it? For example if I am watching a video in Firefox on Youtube and hit mutes it mutes it. But if I am on Skype I hit mute all of the skype sounds still come through. This is on Windows 7 Home Premium (I think...) 64-Bit. Thanks!

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
as you have only provided dv7t and I do not know whcih actual model of dv7t ie: 1000 - 1400 etc,.I cannot give you the exact link, but I think you may find your problem is solved with the latest audio driver download from HP>