Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem with modem

• Please log in to reply

godess4life

godess4life

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello,
I'm just trying to figure out what the problem is and who I really need to speak to about correcting this problem. For about a yr or 2, I've had a Scientific Atlanta cable modem and I have internet service with Cox. After having it for awhile though, I started having problems with the internet connection cutting off for awhile and then minutes later cutting back on. Its been doing that for the longest time now and I don't know if its the modem itself doing that or what. When the internet cuts off, I would reset it to see if the internet would come back up and most of the time it still would be off, so I would have to just wait until it comes back on which wouldn't be right away. I really don't know what started causing this and why its still happening. Can anyone help or would I have to speak to someone at Cox?

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hello, if you haven't spoken to someone already at Cox I strongly suggest you do so ASAP. Ask them to perform some sort of line test, we refer to these ones here in Australia as a Line Fault. Usually the telecommunications guys head out in their van, poke around for a few minutes, and presto, the internet is fast and stable once again.

Either way your ISP (Cox) should have a technical support team to help you sort this out. If they check everything out and can't find any problems, it could be an issue with the cabling inside your house (usually the ISP is not responsible for this).

Cheers