and welcome to G2G
My nick is maliprog
and I'll will be your technical support on this issue. Before we start please read my notes carefully:NOTE:
- Malware removal is NOT instantaneous, most infections require several courses of action to completely eradicate.
- Absence of symptoms does not always mean the computer is clean
- Kindly follow my instructions in the order posted. Order is crucial in cleaning process.
- Please DO NOT run any scans or fix on your own without my direction.
- Please read all of my response through at least once before attempting to follow the procedures described.
- If there's anything you don't understand or isn't totally clear, please come back to me for clarification.
- Please do not attach any log files to your replies unless I specifically ask you. Instead please copy and paste so as to include the log in your reply.
- You must reply within 3 days or your topic will be closed
We will need clean PC and USB memory to download and transfer tools to infected PC. First we need to disinfect your USB memory so you can transfer files and not get infected. Do this on the clean computer:
- 1 - Flash Drive Disinfector
Download Flash_Disinfector.exe by sUBs from here and save it to your desktop.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Note: Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive plugged in when you run it. Don't delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection.
We need to disable malware processes on your system first
- Download TheKiller to your Desktop
- Note that TheKiller is renamed as explorer.exe
- Run it by double click
- Press OK button after program finish
- Do not restart your system after this step
: If malware blocks TheKiller
from running please try to run it several more timesStep 3
to your Desktop
- Double click on the icon to run it (If running Vista or Windows 7, right click on it and select "Run as an Administrator")
. Make sure all other windows are closed and to let it run uninterrupted.
- Under the Custom Scan box paste this in
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
Step 4Please don't forget to include these items in your reply:It would be helpful if you could post each log in separate post
- Click the Quick Scan button. Do not change any settings unless otherwise told to do so. The scan wont take long.
- When the scan completes, it will open two notepad windows. OTL.Txt and Extras.Txt. These are saved in the same location as OTL.
- Please copy (Edit->Select All, Edit->Copy) the contents of these files, one at a time, and post them if you need to start a new topic.