Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't start

• Please log in to reply

mad_max

mad_max

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

try booting into safe mode...play with it for a while...if all is good its probably the video card driver

The one problem with this is that I can't even get past the boot screen =/ It starts up randomly, like 2 times out of 15, it's incredibly annoying to think that you have solved the problem and as soon as you turn it off/on... Bust again

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sounds to me the video cards are gone for sure but that wouldn't stop the system from booting really.
You just would not be able to see what it is doing but the windows startup sound would be heard.

mad_max

mad_max

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Sounds to me the video cards are gone for sure but that wouldn't stop the system from booting really.
You just would not be able to see what it is doing but the windows startup sound would be heard.

I also thought that, WinXP should start normally even with a faulty video card. I'm going to try and start it up without a video card.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
According to the spec sheet the onboard video is right next to the green ps2 connector on the mobo.

mad_max

mad_max

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

According to the spec sheet the onboard video is right next to the green ps2 connector on the mobo.

It doesn't have any onboard video, I just double checked that.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Is this your mobo HERE?

mad_max

mad_max

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Is this your mobo HERE?

Yep, that is my mobo.

I resolved to buy a new mobo, processor, memory sticks and video card. It won't be a top notch system as it'll be used by my parents/sisters for basic computing.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The red arrow points to you on board video which should be right next to your mouse and kb connection.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 12 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.