Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random BSOD codes *** STOP 0x0000000A (0xFFFFFFF0, 0x00000002, 0x00000

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The hardware seems to be good at this point. It seems to be the Nokia software causing the issue. Try going through and uninstalling any fragments you find.

so if I transferred all my files & did a clean install of another OS would that be ok? I mean, if it is a malware thing, that wouldn't stay somehow on the computer after it'd been wiped would it?

In most cases yes but there are some infections a simple format would not take care of. I know from experience. :)
Now if you are planning on going to Win7 you have two ways you can do it. Upgrade or a full install as you stated.
The only thing you can backup is data... documents, pictures, video, movies and music. Programs have to be reinstalled so make sure you have the installation disks for those.

Advertisements

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Where else do I go to look for Nokia fragments other then the control panel? There's nothing else in there that I can relate to Nokia.

I did run the OTL for malware & posted it in the appropriate place, just in case there's something there. I couldn't see but it doesn't help when you don't know what you're looking for. :)

It was going to be a full install of Windows7 if I do do it, I thought that I'd try to start "a fresh" rather then bringing over any problems. The computer market isn't on until the end of the month, so I've got a bit of time still to try to salvage XP.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Do a search in Windows for nokia 5300

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 30 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,
Sorry for not replying earlier.

I searched through my computer & removed all Nokia bits that were left over. I also ran the Old Timers thing for the Malware forum to make sure that there was nothing of the kind lurking on my computer.

It turns out that it's clean & that whatever I've done, whether it was just removing the lost Nokia bits it seems to have fixed the problem.

I'm not completely sure as I haven't been playing on Farmville & collecting stuff off the wall like I was but I haven't had any issues since the last post, so fingers crossed problem solved.

Thanks once again for all of your help & patience.

Cheers,
Jodie

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and it sounds like you may have resolved the issue. :) :unsure:

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi again rshaffer61

You're never going to guess what....

Things had been going great, no BSOD since last we "spoke" but tonight I was on Facebook collecting multiply things off the wall when "Hello BSOD, I've missed you"

I ran WhoCrashed & this was the verdict.

Crash Dump Analysis
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dump directory: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

On Fri 15/07/2011 11:49:18 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071511-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xD8F1A)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF805AFF1A, 0xFFFFFFFFB5356BC4, 0x0)
Error: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 4/05/2011 1:26:02 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050411-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xE2505)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFF93913160, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF805B9505, 0x0)
Error: CUSTOM_ERROR
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

On Mon 2/05/2011 6:06:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini050211-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x1F33B)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000000A (0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF0, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF804E2284)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\aswsp.sys
product: avast! Antivirus System
company: AVAST Software
description: avast! self protection module
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsp.sys (avast! self protection module, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswsp.sys AVAST Software CUSTOM_ERROR

On Fri 29/04/2011 6:52:37 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042911-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x20A8C)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8053B9FF, 0xFFFFFFFFB48D1B0C, 0x0)
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswsp.sys (avast! self protection module, AVAST Software).
Google query: aswsp.sys AVAST Software KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

On Mon 25/04/2011 9:40:33 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042611-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0xF8AC5)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFF9AD4D8F8, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF805CFAC5, 0x0)

On Wed 20/04/2011 12:03:56 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini042011-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x12769)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF805BC23D, 0xFFFFFFFFB3826C60, 0x0)

On Sun 17/04/2011 12:35:06 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041711-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x27AF)
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFFFF832F1CB0, 0xFFFFFFFF832F1CD8, 0xA050027)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 15/04/2011 8:54:35 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041511-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x118E1)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFF000EEF3, 0x8, 0xFFFFFFFFF000EEF3, 0x2)

On Tue 12/04/2011 8:05:31 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041211-02.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ipnat.sys (ipnat+0xF34E)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000000A (0xFFFFFFFF9AC28430, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFF805469D0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ipnat.sys
description: IP Network Address Translator
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 12/04/2011 7:58:01 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini041211-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntfs.sys (Ntfs+0x2339)
Bugcheck code: 0x100000D1 (0x4, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFB9E1E339)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\ntfs.sys
description: NT File System Driver

On Thu 7/04/2011 11:47:05 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040711-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x1D7C2)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000008E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFFFFF8053BA38, 0xFFFFFFFFB3CA9974, 0x0)

On Tue 5/04/2011 7:08:54 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini040511-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswsp.sys (aswSP+0x118E1)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFF9ADB4F18, 0x0, 0xFFFFFFFF805BC23D, 0x0)

On Mon 6/09/2010 10:33:34 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini090610-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nv4_disp.dll (nv4_disp+0x29A3E3)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFB0195000, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFBF2AC3E3, 0x0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nv4_disp.dll
product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nv4_disp.dll NVIDIA Corporation CUSTOM_ERROR

On Tue 27/07/2010 9:32:11 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini072710-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: nv4_disp.dll (nv4_disp+0x29A3E3)
Bugcheck code: 0x10000050 (0xFFFFFFFFB2C45000, 0x1, 0xFFFFFFFFBF2AC3E3, 0x0)
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\nv4_disp.dll
product: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82
company: NVIDIA Corporation
description: NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82 , NVIDIA Corporation).
Google query: nv4_disp.dll NVIDIA Corporation CUSTOM_ERROR

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion

14 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. 8 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

aswsp.sys (avast! self protection module, AVAST Software)

nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82 , NVIDIA Corporation)

If no updates for these drivers are available, try searching with Google on the names of these drivers in combination the errors that have been reported for these drivers and include the brand and model name of your computer as well in the query. This often yields interesting results from discussions from users who have been experiencing similar problems.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Maybe I just shouldn't try to collect multiple windows of things off the Facebook wall. Things had been going so well (but I hadn't really been collecting multiples of things off the Facebook wall though since the last time I had this problem)

Where would we like to start this time?

:) Jodie

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
(Click to consult the online MSDN article.)
A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

These are the two possible culprits.

aswsp.sys (avast! self protection module, AVAST Software)

nv4_disp.dll (NVIDIA Compatible Windows 2000 Display driver, Version 174.82 , NVIDIA Corporation)

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yesterday morning there was a version update for Avast which I did, maybe that's what the problem is & it's just going to muck around until they do another update.

Thanks for your thoughts :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could be a faulty update. You can manually try to update it if you want and see if it helps.

Advertisements

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
I'll keep you posted.

Thanks

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
A great alternative AV is MSE from Microsoft if you decide to change. We haven't seen a problem with it I don't think.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 16 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Cunjurongkid

Cunjurongkid

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Gudday,

Well as mysteriously as it happened so it's stopped again.

I did a System Restore to a few days before I did the update & then had to do the update again & so far so good it seems ok.

Fingers crossed once again it stays that way.

:)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for the update and I hope it does work all ok now. :)