Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Inspiron 1750 Touchpad & Keyboard Issue

• Please log in to reply

TJOGIYAT

TJOGIYAT

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello Guys

This is my first post so any assistance would be much appreciated.

Recently the touchpad on my dell inspiron 1750 seems to lock / freeze on start up, occasionally it will reacivate after 10/15 mins but on most other occasions i need to remove the battery and restart.

Over the last couple of days the keyboard seems to freeze as a result of approx 10/15 mins of inactivity - again need to restart the laptop to reactivate.

Windows Version
Windows 7 64 Bit,

The touchpad can be working fine but if i shut down and restart the chances are it will freeze and to reactivate i will need to restart the laptop.

No new software has been downloaded and device manager will show yellow warning mark when it cannot recognise the touchpad.

Problem seemed to occur when my 2 year old daughter tapped the touchpad several times !!!

Have tried the following with no success:

1) System Restore
2) Downloaded the touchpad driver from the Dell website - still no luck.

External mouse and keyboard seem to be working fine.

Thanks

T

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Hi TJOGIYAT :)
It is possible the keyboard ribbon has become partially detached so you will need to check, see the attached link
http://support.euro....d.htm#wp1188185