Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Samsung PC Share Manager

• Please log in to reply

george01

george01

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
He, Am trying ultimately to connect my PC to my Samsung series 7 tv via hard ethernet cable. To this end I need to download Samsung PC Share Manager software from Samsung site onto my PC. Downloaded the file but when I go to run it it states that:

"Another version of this prouct is already installed. Installation of this verion cannot conitnue. To configure or remove the existing version of the product, use Add/Remove programs on the Control Panel
(2A2E822B-3BOE-46C1-9E3B-ACD7D1E95139)

I have deleted everything I can find relating to Samsung on the PC. Used JV16 powertools to search the registry for any reference to Samsung but cannot find anything. Yet everytime I try to install the download and run the software I get the message above? Any ponters would be gratly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
"I have deleted everything I can find relating to Samsung on the PC"

Does that mean you uninstalled Samsung software via Add/Remove Programs first, as per advice in the error message, or did you just start deleting stuff without doing that?

If you did uninstall in the proper manner, have a look in C:\Program Files for a Samsung folder and, if it exists, delete it.

Also check for leftover Samsung folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files

and also look in the folders inside your <user account name> folder.

Running a local search for Samsung would help you track them down.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 04 May 2011 - 10:19 AM.

george01

george01

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Thanks for the reply. I started by using Add/Remove programmes and then went to my user account and finally the c:/programmes folder, only one I have not checked is common files which I will do now. Have checked common files and cannot find anything. There must be something left as I was looking in Kaspersky checking ports for something else and I noticed a reference to Samsung as I was going thro'.