Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

axel.dav

• Please log in to reply

sheila palacios

sheila palacios

• Pip
  • 3 posts
hi ,
i need help, I have been trying to figure out what happened to my computer. I could not get on internet, kept shutting down, could not do system restore. Then i saw a file on my desktop i nevr saw before called axel.dav. did not open it. Them i tried to do system recovery and it popped up in a window that said windows could not open it. so i googled it on another computer. and lo and behold i found the problem. The solution seems alot more complicated. not computer savvy much but did see sonmething that trend micro had a program called hijck this and said someone should analyze the log once created to help get rid of this. please help....

Advertisements

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan
Posted Image

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Posted Image

Ron

sheila palacios

sheila palacios

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Attached File  OTL.Txt 1.txt   81.12KB   111 downloads

Download OTL from
http://www.geekstogo...timers-list-it/
and Save it to your desktop.

Run OTL (Vista or Win 7 => right click and Run As Administrator)

select the All option in the Extra Registry group then Run Scan.

You should get two logs. Please copy and paste both of them.

Download aswMBR.exe ( 511KB ) to your desktop.

Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it

Click the "Scan" button to start scan
Posted Image

On completion of the scan (Note if the Fix button is enabled and tell me) click save log, save it to your desktop and post in your next reply
Posted Image

Ron

sheila palacios

sheila palacios

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,
i ran otl and posted the log. please help. am about to run the other program and post it . thanks

sheila

RKinner

RKinner

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 24,625 posts
  • MVP
Please do not attach files. It makes them too hard to read. Just open the log, select All (Ctrl + a) then copy (Ctrl + c) and paste (Ctrl + v) it into a reply.

If aswMBR had the FIX button enabled (not the FixMBR button) then after you post the log run it again and hit the Fix button.

Copy the text between the lines of stars by highlighting and Ctrl + c

:processes
explorer.exe

:OTL
O2 - BHO: (CNavExtBho Class) - {A8F38D8D-E480-4D52-B7A2-731BB6995FDD} - File not found
O3 - HKLM\..\Toolbar: (Norton AntiVirus) - {C4069E3A-68F1-403E-B40E-20066696354B} - File not found
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] File not found
O4 - HKLM..\Run: [PCDrProfiler] C:\Program Files\PC-Doctor 5 for Windows\RunProfiler.exe ()
O4 - Startup: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AXEL.DAV ()
O4 - Startup: C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\TurboApps WinMobile Conduit.lnk = File not found
[2011/05/10 09:26:08 | 000,000,332 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\StartUp_FileTask.job
[2011/05/09 03:00:00 | 000,000,460 | ---- | M] () -- C:\WINDOWS\tasks\FixCleaner Scan.job
[2011/05/08 02:00:09 | 000,000,026 | -H-- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\AXEL.DAV
[2011/05/08 01:59:27 | 000,000,026 | R--- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\AXEL.DAV
[2011/05/08 01:59:24 | 000,001,610 | ---- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Remote Assistance.lnk
[2011/05/08 01:59:24 | 000,000,026 | R--- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\AXEL.DAV
[2011/05/08 01:59:24 | 000,000,026 | R--- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Start Menu\Programs\AXEL.DAV
[2005/11/14 21:04:36 | 000,000,026 | -H-- | C] () -- C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AXEL.DAV

:files
C:\AXEL.DAV /s

commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[start explorer]
[reboot]

then Rightclick on OTL and select Run As Administrator to start. Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste (ctrl +v) the text. Verify that you got it all and Then click the RUN FIX button (NOT THE QUICK SCAN button!) at the top
Let the program run unhindered, OTL will reboot the PC when it is done.

Open OTL again and select either the All option in the Extra Registry group then the Run Scan button. Post the two logs it produces in your next reply.

If one of the following will not run then just skip to the next one then go back and try the things that wouldn't run again after finishing the others.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
:!: If you have a previous version of MalwareBytes', remove it via Add or Remove Programs and download a fresh copy. :!:

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

SAVE Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.

Rightclick on Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and select Run As Administrator and follow the prompts to install the program.
* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.
* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location.
* The log can also be found here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\mbam-log-date (time).txt
* Post that log back here.

ComboFix

You must first uninstall AVG before running Combofix then download and run the AVG removal tool.
http://download.avg....6_2011_1322.exe

:!: If you have a previous version of Combofix.exe, delete it and download a fresh copy. :!:

:!: It must be saved to your desktop, do not run it :!:

:!: Disable your Antivirus software when downloading or running Combofix. If it has Script Blocking features, please disable these as well. See: http://www.bleepingc...opic114351.html

Download and Rename this file -- (call it george.exe ) to your Desktop -- from either of these two sources:
http://download.blee...Bs/ComboFix.exe
http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Rightclick on george and select Run As Administrator to start the program.

Ron