Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Screen will freeze after approx 24 hrs of operation..

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 29 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

Advertisements

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi Mr Shaffer

Yes still here and have run first process of disabling all startups..
Computer has not crashed after 3 days and now I have been slowly going through adding atartup items..
Stay tuned please...

Rich

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Great to hear and I wanted to make sure you were still working on it. I will await your results. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It has been 10 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi Mr Shaffer..
yes I am still working through the problem..
Slow process to go through all start-ups...nearly there...pls stay tuned...

Rich

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
screen freeze.JPG

Hi Mr Shaffer,
Finally, I believe I have found the little culprit in Start-up of msconfig who when isolated, proves to be freezing the computer.

It is:
WG111v2 Smart Wizard Wireless Setting (see attachment for screen shot)
I have double checked this file twice...both times when used in isolation it produced screen freeze. Alternatively when all programs utilised, bar WG111v2, no freeze ocurred.

Await your directions.

Rich

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Configuration utility for the Netgear WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter that "provides wireless access to your desktop or notebook PC through the computer's USB port"

This program is not needed so since it is the culprit I would recommend leaving it unchecked and check the others. This should resolve your issue. Please let me know how it works out for you. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
It has been 28 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?

rriche

rriche

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hi Mr Shaffer,
I have unchecked the program in question and for the last month I have not experienced any freezing or alternative problems..
It has been an exceptionally long process and I kindly thankyou for your generous time and patience in rectifying my troublesome issue.
A big thumbs up to the Geeks to go website and all its contributors..
Kind regards
Rich :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thank you for updating us and Congratulations. :unsure: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :yes:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible

Advertisements