Windows Update Help
Posted 29 May 2005 - 01:59 PM
Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:06 PM
Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:09 PM
If so, you might try this from another forum:
Q4. I'm having lots of problems installing any Critical Updates, Security Patches and even the SP1 from Microsoft's website. Are there there any basic tweaks I have to do in advance? I also get "cryptographic error messages".
Q4.1 I keep seeing the same list of Windows XP updates appear even after I have downloaded and installed all of them.
Q4.2 Sometimes Windows Update just hangs. Is there anything I can try?
A. Delete the catroot2 folder contents. It's in the system32 folder usually here:
Or rename the folder and dont worry a fresh one will be created on the reboot:
Start | Run | cmd | OK
At the command prompt, type the following and press ENTER:
ren "%SystemRoot%\System32\Catroot2 oldcatroot2
Edited by djgotee, 29 May 2005 - 02:12 PM.
Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:12 PM
If none of those apply you can get SP2 on CD
To obtain Windows XP SP2 on CD, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
2. In the right pane, double-click Automatic Updates.
3. Click the Log On tab.
4. In the You can enable or disable this service for the hardware profiles listed below box, click the current hardware profile, and then click Enable.
5. Click Apply, and then click the General tab.
6. Click Start, and then click OK.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users