Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell Dimension 2400 Drivers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

dmmackay

dmmackay

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
:) I had reinstalled Windows XP on a Dell Dimension 2400 which has a Pentium 4.

After doing that I tried to install the Net Zero Software for Dial Up Internt (Which is $9.95/month), but when I did that, it told me that I need a Driver for the Modem.

In the Device Manager is see these things (with a yellow ?!)under OTHER:

Ethernet Controller
Multimmedia Audio Controller (X2)
PCI Input Device
PCI Modem
SM Bus Controller
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
Video Controller (VGA Compatable)

When I go to the Dell Site, I see about 2 Drivers I recognize:

Chipset Software Installation Utility Driver and;
Analog Deives ADI 198 Integrated Audio Drivers.

Broadcom 4401 Integrated Controller Drivers is another that I THINK I MAY NEED??

But when I try to download them off the site, on another computer (like at the library or a laptop) it tells me that I must download and install the .NET Framework; and when I try to do that it won't install it.

I thought If I could get my computer to connect to the net, I could allow the net to choose the right drivers and install them. But Which Drivers do I need for that/ And How Can I download and Insall them? And Which Order- Please Tell Me if you know and not redirct me if you know. I don't have time to get a Compuer Service Tech. Certificate.

If I go to the Hardware Update Wizard>and use the advanced option"Install from a Specific Location"> Select I will choose the Driver to Install, there are some selections to make, but I'm not sure which to choose or if they would work. Or Which Order to do them.

Please offer any easy to understand instructions :unsure: to a person ready to rip out all of their hair.

dmmackay

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello dmmackay: :)

You can identify correct drivers using Service Tag a unique identification used by Dell. I believe you are using Internet Explorer for the download, which provides an option to download or install (that is why it's complaining about .Net framework), please try alternate browser

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please do not duplicate your topic. it makes more work for members and staff and could potentially get you mixed advice being given. Your original topic is HERE so please respond there to include any new info. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. :)