Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Feeds Syncronization has encountered a problem and needs to

• Please log in to reply

chellseycapri

chellseycapri

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,

I cannot use any functions on my computer (I am having to use my roommates comp. to even post this). I am getting an error message when I turn my computer on that appears every minute or so. It reads: Microsoft Feeds Syncronization has encountered a problem and needs to close. If you were in the middle of something the information you were working on may be lost. For more information about this error "click here". It also gives me the option to "debug" or "close". If I "click here"...it reads as follows:

Error Signature

AppName: msfeedssync.exe AppVer: 8.0.6001.18702 ModName: user32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5512 Offset: 000095c8

To view technical information about this error report, "click here"

If I "click here" it reads as follows:

Error Report Contents

The following information about your process will be reported:

Code: 0xc000005 Flags: 0x00000000
Record: 0x0000000000000000 Address: 0x000000007e4195c8

System Information
Windows NT 5.1 Build:2600
CPU Vendor Code: 756E6547-49656E69-6C65746E
CPU Version: 00000F12 CPU Feature Code: 3FKBFBFF
CPU AMD Feature Code: 00BDE824
Module 1
msfeedssync.exe
Image Base: 0x01000000 Image Size: 0x00000000
Checksum: 0x00009352 Time Stamp: 0x49b3aca8
Version Information
The following files will be included in this error report: C:\DOCUME~1\admin\LOCALS~1\Temp\202f_appcompat.txt

****Not sure if what I tell you next is why this may have happened or if this additional info will help, but just in case, here it is...

Just over a month ago I downloaded and installed a trial version of WINRAR. When it had expired, I uninstalled it but it seemed there were some additional WINRAR files left on my computer. So I did a search for WINRAR and deleted the files that appeared. I also, accidently deleted a file named rarexe.dll...since then any games or files I have tried to open, open with notepad. EVERYTHING on my computer does now. So I figured I had done something seriously wrong and decided to then put my WINDOWS XP PROFESSIONAL CD in, to reinstall windows to see if it would correct my problem...now comes the next problem I encountered. When I try to do anything with my XP CD...IT also gives me an error message saying: Report System Compatibility - The following items are not compatible with Windows XP. If you continue you may not be able to use these items, even after Setup is complete. For more information about an item,select it, and then click details, Item:Windows PowerShell™1.0
When I click on "details" it tells me I must uninstall it but first of all, I don't know what it is and secondly I cannot even find it in my "add/remove programs" list to uninstall it.

On another note, when I click on Internet Explorer my home page appears but if I try to go to any wensite at all it says "The requested lookup key was not found in any active activation context".

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! I HAVE OBVIOUSLY MANAGED TO SOMEHOW SCREW UP MY SYSTEM AND AM NO COMPUTER GENIUS LIKE YOU GUYS SO I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO BEGIN TO FIX THIS! IF SOMEONE COULD PLEAAAASSEEE HEPL ME IT REALLY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED, I AM SITTING HERE PULLING OUT MY HAIR NOT KNOWING WHAT TO DO! I HAVE ADDED AS MUCH INFORMATION AS POSSIBLE IN HOPES BY DOING SO, SOMEONE WILL BE MORE INCLINED TO HELP ME, SORRY FOR THE NOVEL! THANKS TO ALL IN ADVANCE!

SINCERELY,

COMPUTER IGNORAMUS,
CHELLSEY

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hi chellseycapri: :)

• Have you already backed up all important personal data/information?
  • Do you have installation media for all programs that require license (freeware could be downloaded)?

chellseycapri

chellseycapri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, first of all, Thank you for your response Rediah!

To answer your questions:

1) No, I have not backed up my personal/data information (Believe it or not, I have never done that before, not sure how, but could prob. figure it out, somehow)

2) Installation media??? You mean disks for any programs I have? If that is what you mean, yes I do. I have my Windows XP cd, and Microsoft Office, etc. as well as other cd's of importance.

THANKS AGAIN IN ADVANCE, but please be patient with me if I need "laymans terms", I am only good with very basic computer stuff. Until recently I managed a business and there were smart IT guys such as yourself to always have helped me. Now I am on my own starting out in RE, and have NO ONE! Grrrr. :)

chellseycapri

chellseycapri

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello all,

Not sure what happened, however it has been over 14 hours since my last reply...seems the person wno was helping me is no longer. Can someone please help me with this? I don't know what to do.

Thank you,

Chellsey