Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista-blocked internet last night due to virus now BSOD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tla1198

tla1198

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Last night while doing job search on well know job site, I get the window security pop up saying virus detected. As I try to run my software (sorry can't even remember which it is) I continually loop to an internet page saying your windows security is expired, buy this anti-virus immediately. It looked likely to be a legit page, but I was on edge.

Today, I use my other PC to investigate any similar issues on this site. Found one, but the poster never responded to their help. So I follow the suggestions today and run the OTS and Rogue Killer and have their reports all ready to start a post here and see if I can get some help. Not sure why, but I restarted the computer now and all I get is the BSOD. I will gladly post the txt files from what I ran if anyone thinks they can help. I have tried safemode on the reboot still nothing.

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Could you post the logs please - When you say that safe mode does not work have you tried the Last Known Good entry ?

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.