Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building computer and i do need help for you experts please.

• Please log in to reply

afevzib

afevzib

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Good morning guys! i have a labtop that i used to use to play heroes of newearth and recently the graphic card fried on me and therefore i would rather invest in a new desktop then fix my labtop. i am really on a budget and the specs for the game that are recommended are these and i would like to play the game on pretty good settings.

these are the recommended specs:
Recommended:
Processor - 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo / AMD 3500+ or faster
RAM - 1.5GB or higher
Video Card - 256MB Geforce 7800+ or Radeon X1900+
Network Connection Required (Broadband)

i was looking at this computer from futureshop cause i live in canada and here is the link.
http://www.futuresho...5d7e1793b38en02

As i said before i am not very good with system parts for a computer and if you guys have any suggestions or something i can build with me being on a budget. thanks for the help and i will appreciate any help i can get.

Advertisements

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
If you tell us what your budget actually is for the build, it will be much easier for someone to help you out.

afevzib

afevzib

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
To be honest my budget is 400 to 500 and 550 would be max. Thanks for help

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Based on your link, I'm assuming you are looking for something pre-assembled as opposed to building your own? If so, do you need a monitor, keyboard or mouse? Or are you just looking for the tower? Do you need word processing software, such as MS Office, or will that be a separate purchase?

EDIT-> Also, what will you be using the computer for, other than the game you listed above? Do you have a large media library? Will you be wanting to play other games in the future, or just the one you listed?

Edited by Spyderturbo007, 16 May 2011 - 07:37 AM.

afevzib

afevzib

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I am open for both ideas. That acer I linked would it do the job and let me run the game on fairly good settings? The gane I wanna play is heroes of newearth. Thanks again

afevzib

afevzib

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I just need the tower and no I won't be playing any other games and I don't need software just wanna be able to store some songs nothing crazy.

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
The computer you linked to does exceed the specs required by the game, so there should be no problem there. I'm assuming that the game supports Windows 7?

You could build one that would be much faster, but you would be pushing the limit of your budget. Let me look around and see if I can find something already assembled that would be faster than the one you have linked to in your first post.