Congratulations! Your logs are clean!
Now that you are clean, please follow these precautions in order to keep safe:
Over the course of the fix you've used a variety of special tools to help with the cleaning process - none of these are of any use to you now that you're clean, and it's best not to have them hanging around on your computer.
- Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following
- Then click the Run Fix button at the top
- Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done
Uninstall ComboFix from your computer:
Next:Note: If you are using Firefox I would suggest the use of these add-ons:
- Click on Start > Run
- Type Combofix /Uninstall in the run box and click Ok. Note the space between the x and the /u, it needs to be there.
Next:Automatic Updates for Windows
- NoScript - for blocking ads and other potential website attacks.
- McAfee SiteAdvisor - this tells you whether the sites you are about to visit are safe or not. A must if you do a lot of Googling.
- Click Start.
- Select Settings and then Control Panel.
- Select Automatic Updates.
- Click Automatic (recommended)
- Choose a day and a time when you know the computer will be on and connected to the internet.
- Click Apply then OK.
- No need to explain how important is the use of ONE
antivirus. It is not recommended to run more than one firewall or anti-virus program. Running more than one of these at a time can cause system crashes, high system usage and/or conflicts with each otherIf you already have one installed, keep it.Next:Additional security programs
- For additional security, the use of these tools is important:
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. - Update the free version and scan with it often. It is an excellent scanning tool to have on your side.
- Javacool's SpywareBlaster: - It will protect you from most spy/foistware in it's database by blocking installation of their ActiveX objects.
Download and install, download the latest updates, and you'll see a list of all spyware programs covered by the program (NOTE: this is NOT spyware found on your computer)
Press "Enable All Protection", and you're done.
The spyware that you told Spywareblaster to set the "kill bit" for won't be a hazard to you any longer.
Although it won't protect you from every form of spyware known to man, it is a very potent extra layer of protection.
Don't forget to check for updates every week or so.
- The MVPS Hosts file replaces your current HOSTS file with one containing well know ad sites etc. Basically, this prevents your computer from connecting to those sites by redirecting them to 127.0.0.1 which is your local computer. This little program packs a powerful punch as it block ads, banners, 3rd party Cookies, 3rd party page counters, web bugs, and many hijackers. For information on how to download and install, please read this tutorial
Next:Update all these programs regularly
- Go here and click Do I have Java
- It will check your current version and then offer to update to the latest version, if there are any.
- Make sure you update all the programs I have listed regularly. Without regular updates you WILL NOT
be protected when new malicious programs are released.Next:Keep a backup of your important files
to prevent future data loss.