Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CPU very slow

• Please log in to reply

andrems

andrems

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi. I have a AMD 1800+ and 768 of RAM. My pc is very slow!and i donīt now why! please help me... i have programs antipyware, norton antivirus, firewall... but, isnt take any efect! net is very slow too, and i have net cable! pls help me. tks

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
what are your spyware removal programs? if you don't have ad-aware and spybot go to downloads .com and download them...make sure and check for updates for each...

before doing that open your task manager (ctrl+alt+del) click the performance tab and see how much of your processor is being used as well as your momory. then click the processes tab and click the CPU tab to see what processes are using the processor the most...do the same for the memory usage tab...get back at me

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
get Tune Up utilities run the complete program and tell me if it helped speeding your pc up any.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
If neither of those programs fix your problem, go to You Must Read This Before Posting A Hijackthis Log and follow the instructions.

:tazz:

Excal