Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Budget Multi-Monitor Video Card

• Please log in to reply

boba7523

boba7523

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi there!

I'm currently looking for a budget multi-monitor graphics card so I can connect 3 LCD monitors. I don't use my PC for gaming or anything, just basic web surfing so I don't need a high quality video card, just the bare minimum that won't lag and allow me to connect multiple monitors. I don't have a budget, but the cheaper the better.

My motherboard is Intel D865PERL and I use Windows XP
My monitors only use a VGA connector.

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know!! :)

Edited by boba7523, 20 May 2011 - 04:46 PM.

Advertisements

yelbers

yelbers

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I used to have 2 monitors hooked up to my PC and I have a SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon. Its a pretty good card works flawlessly and costs around $80 maybe less now. Besides that Nvidia GeForce is a really good choice

boba7523

boba7523

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well i need to connect triple monitors. I have dual monitors right now.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Then go out to Newegg or your favorite retailer and look for a PCI video card with D-Sub (analog) support and add it as a second card.

boba7523

boba7523

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Then go out to Newegg or your favorite retailer and look for a PCI video card with D-Sub (analog) support and add it as a second card.

Yep, my current computer has a AGP card already so I only need to buy a PCI card, but that PCI card has to have 2 VGA output correct? Something like the image below. Also, based on my computer needs, how much MB would the card have to be? I see 16, 32, 128 MB graphics card.

Posted Image

Edited by boba7523, 22 May 2011 - 01:54 PM.

boba7523

boba7523

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Well?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Hmmm, sorry. I did not get notified of your reply.

but that PCI card has to have 2 VGA output correct?

Why? Doesn't your current card have two now? You said you need support for 3 monitors so it seems the new card only needs one (though most have two).

The card will have all the RAM it "needs", but clearly, more RAM on the card will result in better performance.

boba7523

boba7523

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Hmmm, sorry. I did not get notified of your reply.

but that PCI card has to have 2 VGA output correct?

Why? Doesn't your current card have two now? You said you need support for 3 monitors so it seems the new card only needs one (though most have two).

The card will have all the RAM it "needs", but clearly, more RAM on the card will result in better performance.

My current AGP card only has 1 VGA output

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well then yes, your new card will need two ports. Most have two ports.