Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

vuze 4.6

• Please log in to reply

yelbers

yelbers

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I Have recently installed Ubuntu 11.04 (linux) on my computer as my main OS so I'm fairly new to it. I'm trying to install vuze 4.6 because the software installer only has version 4.3 and it is EXTREMELY buggy. I downloaded the file from the website and extracted it.

When at first the program didn't install I checked the properties of every file in the folder. The ones that need to be executable are.

In turn I downloaded a new version a java from the website and installed via terminal.

BTW I have absolutely no idea how a terminal works.. Not sure what to do with it.

When this didn't work I went to the forums which had absolutely nothing about this whatsoever that I could find.

Someone did post that maybe its because I'm trying to run 64 bit swt on a 32 bit. Well thats just lovely but I don't know how to fix that.

This whole thing has turned into a million different things little problems that happen to be the sort I have no clue how to fix.

If anyone knows any tips or tricks for this OR if anyone can just explain how terminals work or anything at all that could help me to figure out my OS.

OH and I have no clue how to untar a file...and searching this stuff on the web hasn't helped.

Advertisements