Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Formatted Windows 7...

• Please log in to reply

Dragoenfyre

Dragoenfyre

• Pip
  • 3 posts
As the title clearly states, I just recently formatted the C:> drive for my Windows 7 Sony Vaio Lap top and now my browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome) won't fully load. They'll open, but they never actually load. Usually they quit responding and I exit out of them. What did I do wrong? and what should I do to fix it?

Advertisements

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
You are joking right?
How could your Windows still be running after a format? Not to mention that Windows will refuse a C: format command when it is still running.
What exactly did you do?

Edited by devper94, 23 May 2011 - 10:30 AM.

Dragoenfyre

Dragoenfyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ah, I apologize. My mistake and you are quite right. Using VAIO Assist I "Restored" my C:> Drive to factory settings by deleting extraneous files and installing basic software. Does that make sense? Anyway, after it was all said and done, my laptop was in, generally, the same shape as when I bought it. However, as I said previously, I couldn't fully open my browsers.

Dragoenfyre

Dragoenfyre

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, well, I seemed to have solved the problem by opening IE (64 bit). *facepalm* I suppose this topic should be closed now.