Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

elusive rootkit

• Please log in to reply

Icravepie

Icravepie

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm not sure how I got the virus, I was getting occasional referenced memory errors and one buffered overrun error while playing a game and a few system freezes while playing a game where I had to just turn off the comp instead of shut it down.Then my bitdefender antivirus subscription expires so I buy 2011 editon. While uninstalling I get an error message that sec center cannot be uninstalled and do i want to try again or cancel. So i try again, failed , try again, failed, try that maybe twice more and then just cancel. program asks if i'm sure so i choose no and then it starts uninstalling program again with no error messages. Next i install 2011 version of program and it seems to work fine except for annoying pop ups to update. So upon starting the computer the next day about half way through the comp stops responding before the password request page. So i try a couple more times with no luck so i give safe mode a try and that works. So i get on the internet on safemode and download the uninstall program that i didn't know existed before. after uninstalling 2011 edition i reinstall hoping it is fixed. It seems to have worked and everything is loading fine and the antivirus is in system tray and then I get a pop up saying i'm in selective start up mode and i need to put in normal mode so i do that and prompted to restart. After restart everything is going good and then antivirus is greyed out and saying program is not repondind please restart. That is the point i'm at now, where system boots normally and then at a certain point the antivirus stops reponding. malwarebytes anti malware program won't run now either an autorns program i have to check start up programs won't work correctly either. Thank you in advance for your helpAttached File  OTL.Txt   92.39KB   105 downloads

Advertisements