Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PSU noise and internal tempertaure questions

• Please log in to reply

Spyderturbo007

Spyderturbo007

• PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
Please be aware that I'm not trying to step on any toes here, but just offering an alternative point of view. Is it possible that all of these programs are giving false readings? I was having a similar problem with my new build until I found the utility provided by my motherboard manufacturer. All the utilities were reading the power supply voltages incorrectly. Here is my thread where Neil Jones and phillpower2 were nice enough to help me out. Once again, there is no disrespect intended by this post. :)

Here is what mine look like, comparing SIW, Hardware Monitor, SpeedFan and finally the MSI utility. Everything seems incorrect except for the one provided by MSI.

Posted Image

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You could always try the bios and see if there is a reading available there for the volts and temps.
Also the initial post stated there is a annoying buzzing sound coming from the PSU
Normally I would say that is a indication of failing bearings in the fan assembly.

debodun

debodun

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts
I couldn't answer sooner. For some reason, I couldn't access this site on Friday. I looked at the PSU and was unable to determine the answers to the make and wattage of the PSU. I took photos of the PSU from the side (with the panel off the tower) and from the back. Let me know your opinions on it (it was a generic retro fit).

Attached Thumbnails

• PSU.JPG

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I couldn't answer sooner. For some reason,

Server issues but it should all be good now.

Nope the sticker for it is probably on the top where you can't see it or the other side.