Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

window 7

• Please log in to reply

transit

transit

• PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi everyone.

I need to change window vista system for window 7, in to my laptop I want to install window 7, is that possible? and if is possible please some one can tell me how? (explain teps by teps). I have to erase window vista to install window 7 or how I do this? I can install. window 7 without format my computer? I want to keep some programs that I not have the CD to install them again..

window vista home primium
32-bit operative system
service pack 2

thank you for anyone can help me with this..

transit

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You need to purchase a upgrade Win7 32 bit disk.
This should upgrade the OS while keeping your existing programs and data save.

transit

transit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
Hi, Rshaffer61,

Thank you for you help... I little confuse.... I trying to do this because my company require me that I have to had window 7 in my laptop computer in order to do my job... I though that window 7 is a operative system and if was intall in my laptop change the operative system ... right now I have vista system, so I not have to change the system operative (window vista) in orden to do this? just upgraded win7? is window 7 a operative system ? hope you can have the time to answer this questions... thank you again for trying to help me with this...

Ps. sorry for my english...

transit

ps. sorry Rs... I don't know that I can not PM .... I read your entire info to late... sorry...

Edited by transit, 25 May 2011 - 09:12 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Windows 7 is the new operating system.
Vista and Windows 7 are very much alike but Windows 7 in my opinion is better.
Vista was suppose to be like Windows 7 but had way to many problems when it was first released.
If you like Vista you should have no problem using Windows 7
I would suggest you start HERE with this topic from Microsoft and make sure to run the Win 7 Update Advisor.
This will Tell you of any potential issues with either your hardware or software. It will also tell you about drivers available for your system for Win 7.

The look and feel of Windows 7 will be just like Vista but you really need to make sure that you won't have any problems upgrading to it by running the adviser above.
Once done then just purchase a upgrade copy of windows 7 and install it on your laptop.
I can't say this enough though...
Make sure you run the adviser first. It will tell you of any possible issue you may have upgrading.