Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

startup

• Please log in to reply

Ebene

Ebene

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
I just bought this hard drive that had Windows 2000. It was preused and taken straight out of a computer. However, I get an error when I try to boot with it:

0X0000007B (OXEB81B84C,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)
INACCEPTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Here is what throws me off: I can view all of the files on it and everything in Windows XP via explorer....

Advertisements

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
you mean by making it a slave to your xp drive? if that's the case then you'll need to change the jumper settings on it whenyou try to boot from it

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
No, I even unplugged my other 2 hdds just for this one and it didn't work.

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
is the jumper on the back of the drive set to master? what do you mean by no? how else can you access the drive if it isn't a slave to a master?

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
BUMP

I want to know why no boot device is being detected and how to fix it.

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
if the jumper on the back of the HDD that you want to boot from is not set to the MASTER setting your computer will not detect it as a bootable device...is the jumper set to the MASTER setting or not? if it is then open your bios upon start-up and see if the HDD is listed there

Ebene

Ebene

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Yes, it is set to master.

Spank_Me

Spank_Me

• PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

I just bought this hard drive that had Windows 2000. It was preused and taken straight out of a computer. However, I get an error when I try to boot with it:

0X0000007B (OXEB81B84C,0XC0000034,0X00000000,0X00000000)
INACCEPTABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Here is what throws me off: I can view all of the files on it and everything in Windows XP via explorer....

K, if the harddrive is taken from another cp, which it was used to boot from, taken to your cp, which has totally different hardware and config settiings, the harddrive will not boot. Your cp's boot files are listing the original harddrive that was in your cp such as Disk 0 sector 1.

You can see the files in Explorer because the files are still there, to have the "newer" drive boot, you should format and reinstall and os with your cp.