Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Slow

• Please log in to reply

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I am running 3.5.15. I guess I should update. It doesn't matter if I don't have SP3 with an updated version does it?

Also I just downloaded Firefox 4.0 on my laptop, but it seems like the page doesn't reach the top even when maximized.
The top part still shows the top background of my wallpaper background, about an inch of it. The toolbar that has file, edit, view etc doesn't continue on with one color all the way. Is there a way to fix that?

Edited by msbug, 31 May 2011 - 04:26 PM.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Put your mouse on the top of the browser page till it turns into a double sided arrow.
Now click and hold the the left mouse button and drag the page up till it is full size. Release the mouse button and do the same to the side if need be or the bottom.
Let me know how it works for you then.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
It seems to have cleared up after restarting again.

On my desktop without SP3 is it ok to download Firefox 4.0?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Should be able to update FF to 4 but I would highly suggest you update to SP3. To many security holes in SP2 that can cause serious problems with your system.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
I cannot update to SP3. I have tried and have had help from here and can't do it. After I install it hangs up my internet and then page not found. I have to uninstall with a restore point. I would love to update but just can't.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK no problem. I checked Mozilla's site and it doesn't specify which SP it will run on so I guess you should be able to run it on SP2. :)

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
Thank you so much for all your help. Really appreciate it.

msbug

msbug

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
one question. On firefox 4.0 is there a way to stop the remember password on the upper left corner by the address bar that pops up. It is really annoying.

Well duh, just pick never for this site. Need to use my head. Sorry.

Edited by msbug, 31 May 2011 - 10:03 PM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
:)