Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I can't log in to Windows 7 after computer crash!

• Please log in to reply

Confuzled

Confuzled

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So this is what happened... I bought a Dell Inspiron 560MT with Windows 7 about 3 months ago... It ran fine until one day it just up and crashed on me... It wouldn't load Windows, I took it in, I was told that it was a software problem (which I already knew) and that it would cost me $200 for them to find the problem and fix it. I told them I should be able to do it myself and the very helpful man told me that I should do a destructive restore and then all should be well... Well I cant find a destructive restore option, only a factory out-of-box state restore... I did that and all was well... til it went to the log in screen for windows...It wont accept any username and password I put in, and when I try to use the Administrator log in, it tells me that it basically is no longer valid.. I don't know what to do because its a software issue neither the store nor the manufacturer will do anything about it, and after buying a new computer I cant afford to buy a new version of Windows 7.. PLEASE HELP!! Thanks!

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
Please see this .. it's for both Vista and Win7 http://www.vistax64....t-password.html