Welcome to Geeks To Go
. I am Jack&Jill
, and I will be helping you out.
Before we go further, there are a few things that I would like to make clear so that we are share the same understanding.
- Any advice is for your computer only and is taken at your own risk. Fixes sometimes will cause unexpected results, but I will do my best to assist you.
- Please read the instructions carefully and follow them closely, in the order they are presented to you.
- If you have any doubts or problems during the fix, please stop and ask.
- All the tools that I will ask you to download and use are safe. Please allow if prompted by any of your security softwares.
- Do not use or run any malware cleaning tools without supervision as they may cause more harm if improperly used.
- Refrain from installing any new programs except those that I request during the fix to prevent interference to my diagnosis of the problem.
- Lack of malware symptoms does not mean your computer is clean. Stick to this topic until I give the All Clear.
- If you do not reply within 3 days, this topic will be closed.
If you are agreeable to the above, then everything should go smoothly
. We may begin.
Please download DDS
from one of the links below and save it to your desktop. Link 1Link 2Link 3Please disable any script blocker before running DDS.
- Double click on dds file and a command window will appear. This is normal.
- Shortly after, two logs will appear:
- A window will open instructing you save and post the logs.
- Save the logs to a convenient location such as your desktop.
- Copy the contents of both logs and post them in your next reply.
--------------------Please close all programs and do not run any others before and during the GMER scan. Do not use the computer for anything else until after the scan is completed.
Please download GMER
and save it to your desktop. Click here.
- Please disable your real time protection of any Antivirus, Antispyware or Antimalware programs temporarily when running GMER. They may cause the computer to freeze.
- If you need help to disable your protection programs see here and here.
- Double click the .exe file. If asked to allow the gmer driver file with a sys extension to load, please consent.
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan, click on No.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked (ticked).
- Uncheck IAT/EAT
- Uncheck All other Drives/Partitions except C:\ (leave C:\ checked)
- Uncheck Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button and wait for it to finish.
- Once done, click on the Save... button and save it as "Gmer.txt" at a convenient location. Post the contents of that report.
- Enable back your security softwares as soon as you completed the GMER steps.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries.
If you are having problems running GMER, retry with Devices
unchecked as well. If you are still encountering difficulties, please try running GMER in Safe Mode. You can get into Safe Mode using the F8 key during the startup of your computer after a reboot.
Please post back:
1. DDS logs (DDS.txt and Attach.txt)
2. GMER log
3. what other problems or symptoms you are experiencing