Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Specific problem with mediaplayers

• Please log in to reply

Virvo

Virvo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello,

First of all I would like to say I'm happy a place like this exists :) Earlier today I installed 2 old games - Re-Volt and Road Rash to be exact - on my computer. I have Windows 7 which ran iTunes just fine up until then. The old games required a few changes, for example Road Rash closed explorer in order to run the ms dos game (or something similar), and I suppose something like that triggered some properties changes that caused iTunes to crash.

Before that happened iTunes worked perfectly fine, and now every mediaplayer refuses to react when I try to open them. Windows Mediaplayer still played a music track but the screen didn't open properly. The mkv-player opened a movie about 20 minutes after I tried to open it. Itunes took about half an hour to open, then took half an hour before I could do anything (the hourglass icon), and now works all smooth again. (I'm just afraid to close it haha)

I hope there is a logical way to fix this and just involves some changed settings to adjust to the old inferior mediafiles. It won't be any problem to delete those games if that is what it takes to let iTunes run smoothly again. Just to be clear, any other programs on my computer still work fine, it's not normal it works this slow.

This matter is a bit urgent, since I need access to music for my job, thanks a lot in advance for your help :unsure:

On a different note, if I caused some major problems I wouldn't mind resetting my laptop to how it was when I first bought it. (Also since I have some minor viruses like that Relevant Knowledge thing) It is pretty new and I don't have a lot of important files on it yet. But I'm just afraid I might delete necessary/useful things.

Thanks again

Advertisements