Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop won't connect to internet automatically

• Please log in to reply

Zanariot

Zanariot

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Until just recently I've never had any problems with connecting to the internet at my house with my laptop. I can still connect but I have to start running wireless zero configuration and then make windows configure my wireless networks and pick my connection from a list of network connections. I only know how to do this because a friend showed me that trick a long time ago. Does anybody know how I can make my laptop start connecting to the internet automatically again?

Edited by Zanariot, 10 June 2011 - 06:03 PM.

Advertisements

Zanariot

Zanariot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Bump

Zanariot

Zanariot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Was my question worded badly or is this in the wrong section or something?

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hi Zanariot: :)

Sorry for the delay. No your question isn't worded badly, rather with incomplete information, most important was OS to receive a targeted reply, however, please read How to make an XP PC default to the correct Wi-Fi connection

Please post back should you have any further query