Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 7 Antispyware 2012 alert

• Please log in to reply

Kayjaybea

Kayjaybea

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've been working on my laptop all day (haven't backed it up yet) and on clicking onto a blog
It flashed up a panel for Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and says it found 34 attacks and it now wants me to Pay $70 to install it and remove them.

My usual Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes aren't responding. I can't get into the internet except on my phone. If i click on firefox or Internet explorer it just brings up the Win 7 Antispyware poP up again.

Is this legit, or is the Win 7 AntisPyware a rogue pop up itself?

Please please help. This site has been recommended .

Thank you

Edited to add: ok I've found out it isn't legit but now I need to get rid of it. Malwarebytes is blocked, as is Firefox, IE and Safari to download anything else. It's this: trojan-bnk.win32.keylogger.gen

System restore is also blocked, even in safe mode. In fact, even in safe mode, it started scanning and "finding infections" again.

I can't connect to the Internet to download the system log tools you require to post a log -sorry.

What do you recommend?

Thanks

Edited by Kayjaybea, 12 June 2011 - 05:17 PM.

Advertisements

redcar92

redcar92

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hello Kayjaybea and :).
I'm RedCar92 and my name is Bill, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.

• Please observe these rules while we work:
  • Read the entire procedure
  • It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
  • If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
  • Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
  • Stick with me till you're given the all clear. Malware removal can be stressful but we will clean it.
  • Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
  • Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.

Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise, this will be a team effort.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.

Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can.

IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to.
DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.

Doing so could make your pc inoperative and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.

Vista and Windows 7 users:

These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")

Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.

Thanks
Bill
In Training at WTT Classroom

Kayjaybea

Kayjaybea

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks Bill but time was of the essence as I have 5 Uni deadlines on Friday, so I have taken it to a local repair shop and got it fixed.

redcar92

redcar92

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Thanks for the update,
safe surfing