Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore acer to factory settings

• Please log in to reply

BreezeRichards

BreezeRichards

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I've got numerous problems with my Acer aspire 4920, the main one being that it won't let me download itunes after i uninstalled it. I really want to restore the laptop to factory settings and have a nice fresh laptop to restart with. Other instructions have told me that I need to enable something in my system BIOS before restarting the computer and then using an F key. I know how to get to my system BIOS but I don't know what to do from there.

I'm really not very good with this so idiot language would be much appreciated and some screen shots if anybody has time please.

Thank you

Edited by SweetTech, 16 June 2011 - 07:28 PM.
moved to Vista forum.--ST

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
BreezeRichards-

I believe Acer's factory restore partition can be booted by pressing ALT+F10 or ALT+F11... not sure which one. :) Try those combinations when your computer boots up (just as you would if you're accessing the BIOS). Remember- all programs and data will be deleted. You'll be starting over from scratch.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Acer:
Hard Disk Recovery
should be enabled by default. If it is not, you may need to go into your system’s BIOS by hitting F2 at boot and enable it under the Advanced tab.

Once Hard Disk Recovery is enabled, restart the system and hit ALT+F10. This will begin the system recovery process. You will be prompted to type six zeros as a security step. Type 000000 to proceed.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 30 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.